SENIOR INFORMATION - Class of 2014
Important information for seniors and their parents to help prepare them for the senior year and graduation.
Herff-Jones Graduation Product Meeting MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2013, during 3rd period Senior Project class in room 510. Our Herff-Jones representative will shared with the seniors and send home graduation information. Seniors may order announcements and other graduation products from Herff-Jones. Parents may attend the meeting - please let the high school office know by September 15th so that additional seating can be arranged for the meeting.
You may order your announcements from other companies or even make your own announcements. The only required purchase for graduation will be the cap and gown. The senior class will need to decide what color gowns as a class they want to graduate in. Seniors may wear a gown from a previous year, if it is in good condition and it is the gown color chosen by the class. You will then need to only purchase a tassel for the cap. Seniors may choose to graduate in the same color as a class – Red or Navy, or the girls, as a group, can choose from Red, Navy or White and the boys, as a group, can choose from Red or Navy.
Graduation Order Date -- OCTOBER 7, 2013 – Room 402 starting at 7:30 AM
Turn in Diploma - Name Form by October 7th to Mrs. Knechtel or mailbox in the high school office. This form will be used to order the graduation diploma.
FCA has established a final exam exemption program for seniors who have not exceeded 20 days of absence and have a 90% or above average for the school year, in an academic course (English, Bible, math, science, social studies and foreign language). If the average for the year is 90% or above and the student does not have more than 20 days of absence then they will not be required to take the end of year final exam. Students should check with their teachers who can tell them their average in the class via InfoNOW. It is our hope that the seniors will continue to work hard and finish out strong.
Looking Ahead: The end of the year for seniors is very different from the rest of the student body. Please review the schedule below:
- Tuesday, May 20 - Senior Project Presentation Night - 7:00-9:00 PM. If the WFCO Sports Banquet is that evening then students who have confirmed that they will be attending the banquet will have the opportunity to do their senior project during the day on Monday, May 19th.
- Thursday, May 22nd – Last day for senior academic classes
- Friday, May 23rd and Tuesday, May 27th -- Senior Exam Days - 8:30AM – Seniors who do not qualify for the exam exemption will take all required exams on this day. Seniors will be dismissed from school as exams are completed. Seniors with no exams will not report to school on May 23rd. Seniors with more than 3 exams will need to report on Tuesday morning, May 27th to finish exams. Senior Exam 2014 Tracking Sheet
- Seniors who have not exceeded the 20 days of absence for the school year will not be in attendance on Monday, May 26th (Memorial Day - No school all students), Tuesday, May 27th, Wednesday, May 28th and Thursday, May 29th. Any senior who exceeds the 20 days will need to report to school on these days.
Friday, May 30th:
SENIOR FAREWELL BREAKFAST – For seniors and FCA staff - 7:45 AM
AWARDS ASSEMBLY in the FCA Worship Center - 8:17 - 10:30 AM
GRADUATION PRACTICE – FCC Worship Center – following the Awards Assembly.
As you receive acceptance letters and notification of scholarship awards – please bring it by the guidance office and we will make a copy. We like to track this information for our graduating classes and some will be part of the graduation program.
7th semester transcripts will be sent to colleges/universities after 1st semester exams. Please be sure that Mrs. Knechtel knows all of the schools that you have applied to in order to send this important transcript information. Transcript requests need to made to the guidance office – please be sure that you have the form completed with accurate address information and bring in the $2.00 per transcript request fee with the form if the school is mailing out the transcript. If you are mailing out the transcript or hand delivering or the transcript is to be faxed or sent electronically or you have a postage paid envelope from the school then the $2.00 fee is waived as the fee is to assist with the cost of postage. This $2.00 fee per college/university will cover the intial transcript sent, 7th semester transcript (if needed by the college) and the final transcript required by the college or university you are attending.
FAFSA paper forms and FAFSA web worksheets will be available in the guidance office in December. File on-line it is quicker!
There are opporunities to learn more about financial aid. You may click HERE for more details.
Graduation will be held on Saturday, May 31, 2014 , in the FCC Worship Center beginning at 10:00 AM. Graduation is open to the public. Seniors need to report to the FCA Foyer by 9:15 AM for final preparation and instructions.
Seniors boys need to wear dress shirts, ties, navy or black dress pants with a dress belt, dress shoes – No athletic shoes, dark socks, and a dress shirt and tie.
Senior girls must be attired in a modest skirt or dress – NO Sun dresses or short outfits - girls may wear sleeveless outfits, please remember to dress modestly. This does NOT have to be a white dress; however it would be wise to try the outfit on with the gown to make sure it does not show through. Dress and skirt length should also not be shorter than the FCA guidelines of 2 inches above the knee. Open toed dress shoes may also be worn; however flip flops and casual sandals are not appropriate for the occasion.
- In preparation for the graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 31st, we would ask that the seniors bring in 5 pictures spanning their life from Kindergarten through 12th grade (please do not send in baby pictures). The pictures do not have to be school related – but we do ask that they be during the school age range. The pictures need to be scan-able and placed in an envelope with the senior’s name on the envelope or they can be e-mailed to Mrs. Knechtel or Mrs. Rauch. Since these will appear on the screen during graduation we ask that they be modest and tastefully chosen fitting the occasion of graduation. The originals will be returned to the seniors after they have been scanned. Please give the pictures to Mrs. Knechtel any time before: Friday, April 11, 2014. Please be sure that senior pictures are done before this date – if you want that included in the Power-point presentation during the graduation ceremony.
- Please also complete the Senior Questionnaire for Diploma Awarding Form and turned in to the guidance office by April 11th. The information provided will help develop the diploma-awarding portion of the graduation ceremony on May 30th and will be used to submit the graduation article to the Lancaster Eagle Gazette. Additions and changes can be made after April 11th by contacting Mrs. Knechtel with the information to be added or changed.
- Information for the local papers, including the Eagle Gazette is due to the office by May 9th. Any changes made after that date will not be reflected in the paper.
- Deadline for the graduation ceremony and graduation program is May 23rd to allow participants time to practice and time to print the program. Any information submitted after May 23rd may not be included in the ceremony or the program. Please plan accordingly.